Now, due to this problem of the user, YouTube is bringing the ‘Bedtime Reminder’ feature on both Android and iOS platforms. YouTube is a very popular video streaming platform. Here users can watch movies, videos, music, shows, etc. of their choice, but many times the user does not know how long they have been watching videos on YouTube.
Especially if you watch videos at night, it also has an effect on your sleep. Now, due to this problem of the user, YouTube is bringing the ‘Bedtime Reminder’ feature on both Android and iOS platforms. This feature will remind the user at the right time at night, so that the user can take a break from youtube and have a good sleep.
New Digital Wellbeing Feature
YouTube has launched a new digital wellbeing feature called ‘Bedtime Reminder’.
If you watch videos on YouTube till late night, it will remind you. This feature will work with the pre-existing wellness and screen time tolls ‘Take a Break’ feature on YouTube. This new feature will help the user to take a break from youtube at bedtime.
For this, users can set reminders according to their convenience. Users can set start and end by going to settings. If the video you are watching at the scheduled time is not over, then you can either dismiss or snooze the reminder.
How to use?
- According to YouTube, this feature will be released for Android and iOS users in the coming days.
- To enable the feature, YouTube must be signed in first.
After this you have to go to the settings.
- Here you have to go to ‘Remind me when it’s time for bed’ and turn it on.
- After this, here you have to select smart and end time for reminder.
- If you are unable to finish the video on time, then you have to select ‘Wait untill I finish my video to show reminder’.
- After this the reminder will be off for 10 minutes.
If you watch videos on YouTube till late night regardless of sleep, then this feature can prove to be very useful for you.