If accidentally your expensive phone is dropped in water or gets wet in the rain then what the next step that you need to do. This type of accident is very common. Most of the company give warranty for the electronic issue, they do not cover water damage, what can you do to revive that wet gadget?
If your phone has not been submerged underwater for a long time, there are some things you can do to fix it. It happens to everyone at some point we wonderful and precious phone slips out of their hand and into a toilet, sink or some other unforgiving liquid.
First Things First
Before we get into how to go about drying your phone, there are a couple of things you should do immediately after removing the phone from the liquid.
What to Do When Your Phone Dropped in Water?
1. If your phone is dropped in water and still turned on then as soon as turn it off. Its mean, should your phone wake up, shut it down immediately. If it doesn’t wake up, keep it off.
2. Your phone is off and cleaned, you’ll have to dry it off. If your handset has a removable battery or removable microSD card, take it out. And remove some kind of port cover or even a removable back panel, open it up to let your handset air out.
3. Never try to dry your phone with a blow dryer. Because the heat from the driver could damage your handsets internal components permanently.
4. Now Completely cover the Phone in the bowl of rice because the rice is natural desiccant will help you absorb the excess moisture. Do this for 24 hours and not try to charge the device.
- The sun might be OK, but you have to do it properly.
- Vacuum chambers are another great way to dry out phones, but you won’t have one at home.
- You may have to try “washing” the phone first.