Given the difficulties in filling returns due to technical flaws in the GST portal, many decisions have been taken to promote composition skim and to make compliance with GST easier. The Council has decided to reduce the late fees from Rs 200 to Rs 20 per day on the delayed filing date.
In the 23rd meeting of the GST Council here under the chairmanship of Arun Jaitley, several important decisions have been made. He said that from the last three meetings, the council is continuously giving relief to people by removing goods from 28 percent slab of GST.
Following are the list of the goods and services which will become cheaper:
Instead of 18%, they will now look at 5% GST:
- Chutney Powder
- Fly ash
- Puff Rice Chikki, Peanut Chikki, Sisam Chikki, Rewdi, Tilrevadi, Khaja, Cashew Katli, Groundnut Sweet Gatta and Koliya.
Now 12 will not take 5 percent GST:
- Idli and Dosa
- Coconut filings
- Fishing Net and Fishing Hook
- Cotton woven fabrics
- Ready-made leather and leather goods.
These items will now take 12% instead of 18% percent GST:
- Machinery, agriculture, horticulture, forestry and machinery related to cutting.
- Sewing machine accessories
- Handbags and shopping bags made of jute and cotton.
- Thickened milk
- Refined Sugar and Sugar Cube
- Printing Ink
No 28% longer GST these items take 18% GST:
- Electric boards, panels, consoles, and cabinets for electric control and distribution.
- Wire, cable, insulated conductor, electric insulator, electric plug, switch, socket, fuse, relay and electric connectors.
- Particle / Fiber Board and Plywood Wooden accessories and wooden frames
- Shampoo, Hair Cream and Hair Dye
- Furniture & Mattresses & Beds
- Used in detergents, washing, and cleaning.
- Fan, Pumps, and Compressor
- Shaving accessories, deodorants, perfumes and makeup accessories.
- Trunk (iron box), suitcase, briefcase, travel bag, and handbag.
- Plastic goods such as boards and seats.
- Plastic goods, shower, sink, washbasin, seat accessories and plastic sanitary ware.
- Lamps and light fitting accessories.
- Office and Desk Equipment
- Apparel and leather clothing accessories
- Accessories made of marble and granite
- All types of ceramic tiles.
- Wristwatch, watch and watch case and accessories associated with it.
- Razor and razor blades.
- Cutlery, stove, cooker and similar non-electric domestic appliances.
- Electrical Equipment of Radio and Television Broadcasting
- Cocoa butter, fat and oil powder.
- Bulldozers, loaders and road rollers, escalators, cooling towers.
- Artificial flowers, leaves and artificial fruits
- Sound recording equipment, all kinds of musical instruments and related accessories.
- Chocolate, Chuvangam, and Bubblegum
- Eyeglasses and binoculars
- Wallpapers, all kinds of glass products, electronic weight machines, and firefighting equipment.
- Accessories like rubber tubes and rubber made of rubber.
- Accessories made of cement, concrete, and artificial stone.
No 28% longer will these items look at 12% GST:
- Tanks and other armored vehicles.
- Stone grinding grinder like a grinder
What is GST Bill?
GST’s Full Form Goods and Services Tax It was introduced in our country on August 3, 2016. And then the government applied it in the special area from 1 July 2017. GST is one indirect tax for the whole nation, which will
make India one unified common market. The government says that it will provide a lot of tax benefits to tax firms. At the same time, the rate of tax has been kept the same, which will look at the entire supply chain. Which will look at the manufacturers, traders, and consumers of goods and services of the whole country on a wider scale. This tax will be removed by other taxes, which have been imposed by the Central and State Governments. This is the biggest improvement in the country after independence. The common man will benefit from this. GST
Below is a diagrammatic representation of the working of the Dual GST model within a State:
Following are the diagrammatic representation of IGST model for inter-State transactions: