From December, operators will implement new methods for verification of existing customers. Indian Unique Identification Authority (UIDAI) has approved the framework for introducing new methods like OTP for verification of base based SIM.
UIDAI Chief Executive Ajay Bhushan Pandey said the operators came to us. The plan for telecom companies has been approved. They have said it to be implemented from December 1. The government had announced three ways to connect customers’ mobile numbers with base last month. This will allow customers to re-verify the SIM from their home. After this, the operators were asked to contact UIDAI with their designs, so that they could bring the new procedures to the system in operation and implement the new system. However, for this, first UID approval was necessary. The government has instructed physically disabled, sick people and senior citizens to make this facility available at their doorstep. The convenience of connecting the mobile number with the base will be continued by going to the store at the telecom company’s store.
Mobile companies have assured UIDAI that they will start the facility of OTP based verification by the end of this month. Under the new sanctioned methods, mobile number can be linked from OTP (One Time Password), app and IVRS from the base. Pandey said that after consideration of this plan, approval has been given considering the safety, compliance and the issues of protection of the basic law and protection of privacy. The purpose of this measure is to simplify the entire process and make it accessible to the people.
Following two way to link Aadhaar Card to mobile number:
1. You are linking it for the first time
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar center to get the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form or download it from the UIDAI website.
- Fill out the form correctly, submit it to the concerned person at the center and mention on the form that only mobile number is to be updated.
- After verifying the biometrics, you will be given an acknowledgment slip. Usually, it takes 2-5 working days for the update to happen but as per the UIDAI
2. You have changed your phone number and want to update your Aadhaar data by replacing the old number with the new one.
- On the UIDAI website, there’s an option under the Aadhaar Update tab that will redirect the user to the Aadhaar Self-Service portal.
- Enter your Aadhaar number. The OPT will be sent to your existing mobile number, and after submitting it you’ll be redirected to a new page, where you can update the desired details.
- Now enter the new mobile number that you want to record in the database and submit.