Find My Device is the new and improved Android Device Manager. Find My Device is the best app for remotely track, lock, and erase the data on a lost or stolen phone. Find My Device helps you easily keep your information safe and sound while you look. Google has rebranded it and now Find My Device is now a part of Google Play Protect. This is a suite of services designed to protect your phone from malicious content.
About Google Find My Device App
- Locate your phone, tablet or watch. Misplaced your Android Wear device? No problem.
- Play a sound. Find My Device helps you track down your device when it’s nearby.
- Lock, erase or show a message. With Find My Device you can secure your device remotely and help someone get in touch.
How to know my mobile work with Find My Device?
If you’re running a device running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later, you’ll be able to install Find My Device. This means approximately over 99% of active Android devices are eligible to install Find My Device.
How to Check Your Mobile Is Discoverable with Find My Device?
The first download Find My Device App from Play Store: Click Here. Next, open the app and log in using Google Account.
Step 1: Verify your Find My Device is on
1. Open your settings app in your smartphone.
2. Tap on Google and then security.
3. Now Tap on Find My Device option. Make sure Find My Device is turned on.
Note: This setting is needed to change only the tablet’s owner.
Step 2: Verify your mobile Location is on
1. Open Settings from your home screen or app drawer.
2. Tap Security & location and then Location. (If you don’t see “Security & location,” tap Location.)
3. Turn on Location.
Step 3: Verify your Google Play visibility is on
1. Open play.google.com/settings.
2. Under “Visibility,” pick the device.
Step 4: Verify that you can find your device
1. Open android.com/find.
2. Sign in to your Google Account.
3. If you have more than one device, click this device at the top of the screen.