Google Maps lets users create their own maps that others can contribute to. You can publicly add places, like a business or landmark, to the Google Map. On some devices, you can also add the address of a house or apartment. Maps can be private, editable by invite only, or allow public edits.
Steps to add Missing Place To The Google Maps
1. On your computer, open Google Maps.
2. Search the nearest address whose place you want to add in Google Map.
3. Find your home or business or landmarks from the search result. Now Right Click and Select Add a missing place. See the below screenshot.
5. Now one Add a place form will open, fill all required details and click on submit.
Using the Android App
1. Open the Google Maps app on your smartphone.
2. Click on Menu and Select Add a missing place.
3. Choose an option, then follow the instructions onscreen.
Using Drop a pin on iPhone & iPad
1. Open the Google Maps app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. To drop a pin, touch and hold anywhere on the map.
3. At the bottom, tap the address or “dropped the pin.”
4. Tap on Add a missing place.
How long it takes for places to be added to Google Maps?
Google will review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward your questions from other people who review your edits.